Sunday, July 28, 2013

Running Away ch.1

This is actually becoming tiring. Running I mean. From the same man that is trying to hurt me and my child. You'd think after two year he'd stop. Stop searching for us, following us, and hopefully just stop breathing altogether. I've ran away from him six times these past two years. Everytime I think I'm safe i see him or one of his boys and panic. I go to my current home get my baby and pack our stuff and move to the next safe house I can think of. It came to the point where I realized I'm never safe, not in this world. I just want to give up sometimes because it's exhausting to hide from a man that knows someone in every state. I never know who to trust or who to hide from. If it wasn't for this little bundle of joy I hold in my arms right now I would've killed myself a long time ago. The thought of her having no other choice but to grow up with that sad excuse of a father would kill me even more in the afterlife.

"Welcome to Washington The Evergreen State. God please don't let him find us again."



                                        ***************        

--SHANELLE--

"I'd really appreciate it."

"I bet you would but I'm not giving one of your friends from the hood a job. You can forget about that." I made a face at the phone as if he could actually see me. I guess he realized I was insulted by the silence on the line.

"Look I'm sorry I didn't mean i-."

"I just wanted to do a good thing for an old time friend. She's been through alot she's just trying to survive," I interrupted.

"I understand and I can respect that bu-"

"She's a very hard worker and she needs this so she can provide for her daughter," I interrupted once again. The line went silent again before he took a heavy sigh.

"Okay bring her by tonight at ten for an interview. I'll persuade my dad to give her a chance. However you owe me and don't tell her anything about me. I don't need anybody else asking me for favors." Someone started knocking on my car window. I looked to see a soaking wet Nicki. That's when I realized it was raining.

"Deal! I owe you and I love you," I hung up before he could say another word and unlocked the door.

She opened the back door and placed her daughter in the backseat. I got out the car and helped put her luggage in the trunk. I shut the lid and we got in the car.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah why?"she asked through chattering teeth.

"Well you look tired, cold and wet but not in the good way," I joked causing us both to share a laugh.

"I'm fine," she tried to reassure me but her eyes seemed to be glossy and I'm sure the rain didn't cause that.

"Okay well we won't have time to go to my place and unpack because you got a job interview at 10:00 which is in an hour and fifteen minutes. Sadly it'll take us an hour and thirty minute to get there so lets hit the road," I informed her.

"Okay thank you so much for taking us in," she said looking back at her daughter.

"No prob how's my little niece doing back there," I said taking the hood of her big jacket off her head and running my hands through her hair. She just looked at me with wide eyes before turning her attention back to the seat belt.

"Oh that reminds me I left the car seat at the house. I'll hook it up to the car during your interview," I said before starting the car and driving down the road. The ride was very quiet and awkward. I looked at Nicki and her head was down messing with her nails. I looked in the rear-view mirror to see her daughter passed out in the backseat.

"What's her name again?" I asked focusing back on the road.

"Huh?" she asked looking up.

"Your daughter what's her name again?"

"Trinity," she reminded me.

"Yeah that's right cause when we were at the hospital and you didn't know what to name her. So we went through a whole list of names and she wa-"

"Sleeping in my arms an-"

"When you said Trinity she woke up. And every time we said it she'd keep smilin-"

"But then it started to stink an-"

"We realized she pooped in your arms," we both busted out laughing at the memory.

"And till this day I don't know which one she was smiling about. The name or the load she dropped," Nicki giggled.

"It was a load wasn't it. It was so big you needed help changing her. Aww our first diaper change," I cooed.

"Yeah I'm so glad you were there," she said while we were both catching our breaths. The silence had dropped on us again but I loved talking about the past with her I had to keep the conversation going.

"She's so pretty."

"Mhm I think the bus ride up here has finally got to her," she said looking back at her daughter.

"She slept through the first half of the ride and ate through the other," she joked. Before the conversation could develop we pulled up in front of the office.

"10:05 I shaved off ten minutes gives me time to explain some things. Okay this interview is going to last from three to five hour-"

"What?!" she yelled waking up Trinity.

"The minimum is two hours and that is for the lucky ones that catch him at a busy time. Be professional and always say the right unexpected answer to everything he asks. Keep your head up. Always make eye contact because you got this looking down thing going on with you. Don't let him run over you. If he buts in while you're talking do the same to him but be respectful with it. Your late but don't make up an excuse. You ready?" I asked her and she shook her head. We both got out the car into the beating rain. She got Trinity out and we proceeded to walk into the building.


                                                          ****************

--DRAKE--

They finally walked through the door as if they weren't late.

"You're late. Are you always this late for a job interview?" I asked her. She just looked at me with glossy eyes as if I wasn't talking to her. A few seconds went by and she still hadn't answered me.

"Am I talking to myself?"

"We're only five minutes late lighten up," Shanelle tried to advise me. 

"NO!! SHE'S nine minutes late and she still hasn't answered my question." I looked back at her waiting for her to finally speak.

"No," she said timidly and right then and there I knew she wasn't going to survive this interview.

"It's not our fault her bus came late," Shanelle defended her. Can she not speak for herself. This isn't going to work. 

"There is no us, or we there's a her and she. She won't even survive a minute in there. She has no balls whatsoever you are wasting my time."

"Drake you are being cold and mean as hell right now. Even your fa-"

"Shanelle!!" I yelled at her daring her to finish her sentence.

"Our boss is even more understanding than you! Give her some slack she has been through a lot," she said pushing me alittle.

"So I've heard. What's your name?" I asked rather harsher than I meant.

"Nicki," she said eyes even glossier and more out this time.

"Why are you wet?"

"It's not from the heavy rain outside I can assure you that," nell said arrogantly.

"Keep getting smart with me," I warned her.

" Lets go he's waiting." We went in the elevator and I pressed the 50th floor and up we went. By the time we reached the 20th floor the little girl started whining and that was when I acknowledged her presence. She was very quiet until now. Well I think it's a she. I don't know what boy would wear a purple jacket with pink shoes willingly no matter what age. Unless he was born on that other stuff. I couldn't really see its face because of the heavy jacket so I'm gonna call it a she. Anyway she held onto her mother's leg the rest of the way up. Once we got off we walked the long hallway to his office before I knocked and opened the door. They walked in and I closed the door behind them.


--NICKI--

When we walked into the room there was a man behind the desk who I guess is the boss. I don't know what to expect. I sure as hell didn't expect this Drake man to be so sour towards me especially in front of my daughter. Maybe it's because he doesn't know me or he's just plain rude but he obviously doesn't want me here so I guess I can expect the same from the boss. He stood up and greeted us.

"Hello nice to meet you. Thank you for coming in this night. Please sit," he said directing me to the seat infront of his desk. I placed Trinity on the couch in the office and sat in front of his desk. Shanelle went over to him and gave him a hug and he gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"What are you doing here? How's it goin honey?" he asked her.

"I'm here to drop your soon to be new employee off to her job interview," she said rather slyly.

"Oh so in your mind she already got the job?" he laughed more then he asked.

"Mhm anyway I better get going hom-"

"Before you go home can you pick up some food for us because we are going to be here for awhile," he interrupted.

"Sure what do you want?"

"Umm how bou-." He quickly paused and looked at me.

"Why don't we let you choose? What should we buy?" he asked me and all that ran through my mind was what Shanelle told me in the car 'Always say the right unexpected answer to everything he asks'. I started thinking quick because I didn't want to give off the same impression I did with Drake with the boss. Then it clicked in my head.

"Chinese food sounds nice to me," I responded. His face spread into a smile.

"What made you think of chinese food?" he asked and that's when I realized he must like asking questions.

"Well it's not simple or too complex. It's very tasty and you don't get your hands dirty like you would with the most common answer pizza. Even if you do they give you napkins unlike most other places. Chinese is not cheap or expensive it's perfectly fine for this occasion," I said all in one breath. The room went silent for awhile before he nodded.

"Okay chinese sounds good to me too. That's a very unanticipated choice. I like you already," he said before reaching in his pocket to get his wallet. He pulled out a hundred dollar bill before closing it and putting it back into his pocket. Shanelle took it and walked towards the door. The Drake dude opened it before she could touch the knob and walked in. They shared a look before she walked out. He closed the door behind her and handed me a towel. I wrapped it around me and waited for things to get started.


--DRAKE--

I sat down in the seat beside the desk and got some of the paper work together. Once I was ready I looked at the boss to let him know I was ready. He was about to speak when the kid started whining and grabbing at her jacket. Nicki went to go get her but the boss stopped her.

"No no Drake take off  her jacket. Nicki sit back and relax lets get started," he said said leaning back in his chair. I gave him a wtf look and he gave it back before continuing with the interview.

I dropped the papers on the desk rather forcefully before walking over to her. I placed her on the floor before kneeling and unzipping her big ass jacket. As soon as that was off there was a thinner one underneath. When I took that one off I looked up at her and she looked down at me. I was in shock. She was so small and adorable. She looked just like her. Just like Naomi.The only difference was the eye color but besides that they could've been twins. My heart dropped just thinking about Naomi. I smoothed her hair back with my hand. She's so small but she has long and curly hair tied up in a ponytail. She grabbed my nose and started to lightly squeezing it.

"Trinity stop it. I'm sorry," she said looking apologetic. Her mom snapped me out of my trance. That's when I realized I've been staring at her for awhile. I got up and sat back in my seat dazed.

"Are you okay?" she asked me.

"Umm yeah I'm fine," I said clearing my throat before picking up the papers.

"You sure you look out of it."

"I'm sure he's fine. Who is this little cutie?" he asked looking at her.

"Her name is Trinity," she informed us.

"Well it's nice to meet you Ms. Trinity." She looked at him with wide eyes before looking back at me.

"She doesn't talk she lacks social skills. Doctors say she may have social anxiety disorder they aren't sure yet. Baby sit on the couch and wait for mommy okay?" she asked pointing to the couch. Trinity pulled herself onto the couch and sat up straight. She looked at her mom before looking back at me. I guess she's as interested in me as I am with her. 

"Okay then lets get back to it shall we."

*THIS IS MY NEW STORY I'VE THOUGHT A LOT ABOUT THIS STORY LINE AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT ALL OUT. THE COLORS ARE JUST TO HELP YOU GUYS KNOW WHO IS TALKING AT ALL TIMES. BLACK IS ALWAYS THE PERSON WHOSE POINT OF VIEW IT IS.BLUE IS THE SECOND PERSON IN THE CONVERSATION. GREEN IS THE THIRD PERSON AND PROBABLY WON'T BE SEEN A LOT IN A CHAPTER.ANY CHARACTER CAN BE ANY COLOR IT DEPENDS ON WHOSE POINT OF VIEW IT IS.THIS WOULD'VE BEEN TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF I SHOULD CONTINUE THIS STORY SO COMMENT PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW*






4 comments:

  1. Wait so whos this mian thats after her.? and whos the father of trinity? the guys who after her im thinking. but i dont know. but That was Sweet of shanell To get her that job interview. But woaaah. Drake was pretty rude ecspecially since he doesnt even know her.. Or what shes been through. But still. Atleast the boss was Nicer then he was. Trinity sounds like a liddo sweet heart. How old is she two? Anddd. whos Naomi and Ex? or his child or something? sorry i have quite a few questions. theyll prolly come out once the fic starts to progress a little more im guessing? :) and im actually Honeslty liking it so far. Cant wait to see where this fic is goinn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please continue I love this one also! I love that your stories are so different than everyonelses, you don't have a typical plot, it's more dimensional than most. I have a bunch of questions, but I''ll wait until the story is in full-motion to ask them. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please continue this story . Update very soon . This is my favoriteeeeeeeeeeee fanfic as of now and ima need more updates :( this is just perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can really say is that I already love this story so much. I think I like this plot better than the last one . Although the green was kinda hard to read since it was so bright other than that this story is amazing . I love it please update this soon : ) oh and I think Naomi was his daughter that may have died but idk yet .

    ReplyDelete